Posted Date: November 15, 2009
By Tania Chadwick
This was a fairly standard (no pun intended) Team Standard course. As always, the attention to detail was important and there were a couple of spots where the devil was lurking.
* There were several missed weave entries because handlers assumed their dogs would see the entrance.
* Some dogs refused the #6 jump because handlers were already moving to pick up their dogs exiting the tunnel.
* Most handlers stayed on the right side of the teeter and pushed their dogs over #12.
* It was split on how #13 - #15 was handled. Some kept their dogs on the left hand to send over #14 and rear crossed over #15. Some ran to the landing side of #14 and crossed in front to pull their dogs to #15.
* Poorly executed front crosses after #17 resulted in downed bars.
Tania Chadwick has been competing in USDAA for over 12 years and currently runs her Border Collie, Kidd, and keeps up with her 5-year-old son and 18-month-old daughter.