Posted Date: July 1, 2010
Long awaited rule changes announced, including tournament changes for 2011 season.
The USDAA Board has released the following approved rule changes effective July 1, 2010, unless otherwise stated -
Effective for the 2011 and subsequent tournament and/or calendar year -
- Title name changes will be made in the Performance Program to more closely align titles between the Championship and Performance Programs (e.g., Performance Dog, Advanced Performance Dog, Master Performance Dog, Performance Dog Champion, etc.) Name changes will be implemented no later than January 1, 2011. Note that class names will remain unchanged (i.e., using levels 1, 2, 3 designations in correlation to Starters, Advanced and Masters levels, respectively). This is to avoid confusion in administration of entries in the classes of the two programs.
- A new Veterans Program will be introduced for the primary titling classes. Details will be published on the new Veterans Program by October 1 to allow for class offerings beginning 2011.
- The Performance Speed Jumping tournament will introduce Regional Championship classes and a Championship Quarterfinals class in the annual Championship event beginning in the 2011 tournament season (beginning September 13, 2010).
- For the 2011 tournament season, a competitor/dog team must qualify in at least two of the three tournaments within a Program (Championship or Performance), in order to advance to the annual Championship event.
Previously announced and implemented rule changes -
- The Standard Course Times for the Starters Jumpers Class shall be based upon the following table:
Standard Course Time Rates
Absolute Minimum Rate
3.00 - 3.25 yds/sec
2.75 - 2.95 m/sec
3.25 - 3.50 yds/sec
2.95 - 3.20 m/sec
22" & 26"
3.50 - 3.75 yds/sec
55cm & 65cm
3.20 - 3.40 m/sec
The rule book text is nearing final stages of drafting with amendments dating back to 2005. Charts and tables are presently being updated. The targeted publication date is late July.