Posted Date: October 16, 2015
Whether this year's event in Murfreesboro is your first Cynosport experience or you're a Cynosport seasoned veteran, here are a few things to help you prepare for this years event.
USDAA strives to make the Cynosport® World Games the best experience for you and your dog every year. We know for many of you to participate, you are using valuable vacation time away from work and family and are traveling long distances. We appreciate your dedication to USDAA and hope this year is the best Cynosport®event yet!
Whether this year's event in Murfreesboro is your first Cynosport experience or you're a Cynosport seasoned veteran, here are a few things to help you prepare for the event:
- Remember to carefully check your initial and final confirmations to ensure all information is correct. If you have any questions, please email Helen firstname.lastname@example.org
- Please be patient when contacting Helen with any questions. She will respond promptly. She does work full-time, has a family, provides secretarial services for other groups and also competes.
- All the event information provided by USDAA about this year's Cynosport event is just as important as the course maps themselves. Please review all the details we provide you in your confirmation and on Cynosport.com to minimize confusion once the event starts.
- Course maps for each day will be available at every ring. Each ring will have all the courses for the day, so there's no need to go to each ring for the maps.
- You can get up to the minute event news and updates by signing up for Event Alerts on Cynosport.com. The Event Alerts will get you the latest information straight to your phone or tablet.
- If you signed up for Event Alerts for last year's event, you'll need to sign-up again this year since we made modifications to the Alert system.
- Also new this year, Event Alerts will only be available with email notifications. Unfortunately, last year the text alerts were problematic and not everyone received the important alerts via text.
- The Middle Tennessee State University and the Tennessee Miller Coliseum have a strict No Smoking Policy. Smoking is not permitted in any buildings, barns or outdoor areas.
- The 2015 Cynosport World Games will take place indoors, on dirt, in the Tennessee Miller Coliseum. There are three rings in the main building and two rings in the back building, closest to the kenneling area.
- Crating will be outside, under cover in 10' x 10' horse stalls. There is a covered walkway between the kenneling area and the back building.
- Personal canopies are not allowed at this facility.
- RV hook-ups at the facility are by reservation only. Most RV spaces have water and electricity, but no sewer connection.
- Information on pumping services available for a fee and will be provided with your RV confirmation.
- Everyone is randomly assigned to a group; and not all jump heights will be in the same group.
- Jump heights within groups may be separated into different rings, so you may run the same course in different rings depending on your dog's jump height and if they are entered in Championship, Performance or Veterans classes.
- Walk-throughs will take place first thing in the morning; briefings for Snooker and Gamblers will take place before walk-throughs begin.
- All course maps for each day will be posted at ring side each morning when the facility opens.
- Please park in designated exhibitor/competitor spaces only. (See signage info below.) Competitors will not be allowed to park near the kenneling stalls, the RV overflow aisles, spectator parking (unless you're willing to pay the daily fees,) or Employee/Staff parking areas.
- We do our very best to notify you of any changes to the event. Some changes cannot be avoided. Other changes are made to benefit the majority of competitors.
- Please listen carefully to announcements and tell your friends/teammates to ensure they are informed too.
- Remember to sign up for Event Alerts on Cynosport.com. The Event Alerts will keep you up to date on the day's activities, when results are posted and any other important information.
- Please respect the signs posted throughout the facility.
- Some of the restrictions are required by the Tennessee Miller Coliseum, others are for your safety and the safety of others.
- There's a lot of work that needs to take place before opening the grounds to competitors each day (setting rings, building courses, trash removal, vendor and other events setting up, etc.)
- Please be respectful of the show ground's gate hours so we can complete our work without being concerned about running you over with a forklift or golf cart.
- Only official Cynosport golf carts are allowed inside the arena, with the exception for individuals with disabilities.
- Mopeds, bicycles and non-event golf carts are only allowed on the show grounds and not inside the arena.
- You can use these vehicles to travel between your car/RV and kenneling area if needed.
- The average temperature in October for Murfreesboro is around 72° F (22° C), with lows in the 40s (low teens on the centigrade scale).
- Rain is always a possibility, so please be prepared for it, even if it isn't in the forecast.
- Temperatures inside and out can fluctuate, so dressing in layers is recommended.
- Remember to drink plenty of water and have a readily supply available for your dog too!
- Enjoy the FREE Competitor Appreciation Ice Cream Social On Tuesday, Oct. 20th, decorate your crating area for great prizes and sign up for delicious catered dinners Friday and Saturday evening.
- Splash Dogs, lure coursing and World Cynosport Rally are just a few of the other events that make up Cynosport.
- Cynosport also offers some of the best vendors and canine sport services available.
- Please plan time to support our other canine sports partners and vendors throughout the event.
Things to Do in Murfreesboro
- We've partnered with the Rutherford County Convention and Visitors Bureau to connect you with local companies for shopping and dining experiences.
- Please make time to visit one of these businesses to show our support to Murfreesboro.
You are welcome to download this information and use it as a reference as we get closer to October.
Thank you for working hard all season to qualify for this great event and for taking the time to make the trip to Tennessee. We hope you enjoy Cynosport, the surrounding community and wish everyone the best of luck during the competition!