Posted Date: January 8, 2008
A whole issue focusing on USDAA and the Games!
If you attended the 2007 Cynosport World Games in November, or just wish you did, you'll want to check out the January/February 2008 issue of DogSport magazine. This issue, created in conjunction with USDAA, is completely devoted to coverage of the monumental event. Don't miss this look back at the 2007 Games, where the caliber and intensity of the competition was higher than ever before.
Highlights of this issue include details on Cynosport World flyball, disc dog, and Splash Dogs Championships, and
coverage from the herding, rally, and musical freestyle events.
The agility portion of the Games is described in detail, including:
- Coverage of the Grand Prix Finals, Performance National Standard Finals, Steeplechase Finals, Performance Speed Jumping Finals, Team Relay, and Junior Handlers.
- Analysis and commentary on the critical points of each course find out which sections were crucial to gaining the biggest advantage and fastest times.
- How handling choices impacted the dogs' lines on course and changed the final standings.
- A look at running contacts versus stopped contacts and whether they made a difference in the placements.
- How the top handlers used acceleration and deceleration to maximize communication with their dogs.
- Tips from the "big name" handlers, as well as a look at some brilliant newcomers who are shaking up the sport.
- Sequences and practice exercises based on the challenges presented in the Finals.
Even readers with no USDAA experience will find lots of valuable articles and tips. There is something for everyone!
To purchase the January/February 2008 issue of DogSport, please visit the USDAA store here. To subscribe to DogSport, go to www.dogsportmagazine.com.
Competitors should also consider getting the 2007 Cynosport World Agility Championship DVDs to see all the action and hear the commentary. They are available now - see this link for details. To purchase the magazine and the DVD together, go here.
Check out the USDAA store at http://www.usdaa.com/usdaastore/index.cfm to see all the products USDAA has to offer.