Posted Date: May 10, 2008
Four classes to be held on Saturday, 10 May, 2008.
Day 2 courses will include the three remaining Individual classes that are included in the Individual All Around, as well as the final round of the Biathlon.
Gamblers - Individual & All Around
Opening Period - Time for opening period is 12" & 16" = 35 seconds/ 22" & 26" = 30 seconds
- System point utilized is 1-3-5-7. Hurdles (1 point), Tyre jump & tunnels (3 points), Contact obstacles (5 points) and Weave poles (7 points).
- Any obstacle not completed shall not be counted for point accumulation.
- No points shall be awarded if the obstacle is faulted. No refusals/ runouts in opening period.
- Any hurdle or other obstacle that shall be displaced or retired by the dog or handler during the performance shall not be replaced until conclusion of the round.
- All obstacles and hurdles may be performed any number of times but: points can only be earned twice in weave poles and contact obstacles. In hurdles, tyre jump and tunnels points can be counted all number of times.
- Sequence 1-2-3 (tunnel - hurdle - weave) from limit line = +3 extra points.
- In this opening period: two consecutive contact obstacles not allowed, back to back and front to back not allowed.
- Two consecutive obstacles of Joker zone in this period are eliminated, but shall not prohibit that the dog perform individual obstacle in Joker for purposes of accumulating points.
- In opening period handler's can pass the Joker limit line of Joker area.
- The handler's shall not be permitted to stand next to the area of Joker or perform obstacles repeatedly with no points accumulation for purposes of awaiting the conclusion of the opening period time. This handler shall be disqualified.
Joker - Time for Joker: 12" = 20 seconds / 16" = 18 seconds / 22" & 26" = 16 seconds
This directional control Joker consist of five obstacles which the dog must perform without any fault or refusal in working his way to the finish line.
- Correct Joker is 9 points (all joker obstacles counted) + 6 extra points = 15 points.
- Any fault, refusal or runout in Joker obstacles in this period will stop the point accumulation. If this happens, handler must go to finish line for stop the clock.
- If the handler passes the Joker limit line any obstacle of Joker zone shall be not counted.
- The timekeeper shall stop the clock when the dog crosses the finish line. If the timekeeper shall sound the whistle before the dog across the finish line any Joker obstacle shall be not counted.
Snooker - Individual & All Around
- Dogs must start on the "cue ball" (or start) hurdle with the electronic timing. The timing will finish once the dog negotiates the finish hurdle. An error on the start or finish hurdle will not be faulted. Dogs that do not stop the clock by completing the finish hurdle will be recorded with a time of 100 seconds.
- If the Judge signals "End of Game", no more points will be awarded, however points earned to that point will be kept (unless the team is Disqualified). The time will continue until the dog stops the clock by passing through the finish hurdle.
- The Judge will signal "End of Game" by a whistle blow. Alternatively the Electronic Timing Equipment will sound time expired. This will also indicate end of game (no more points may be earned) and the Competitor must go to the finish as quickly as possible for the Dog to stop the clock.
- All (appropriate) obstacles are bi-directional in the Opening Sequence only, they must be performed in the indicated direction for the closing sequence. Combination obstacles #4 and #5 may be taken in either forward or reverse direction (but not out of sequence) during the opening sequence only.
- The time will be 44 seconds for Maxi and Midi classes, 51 seconds for Mini and 55 seconds for Toy classes
- Deliberate touching of the dog (before it has completed the finish hurdle) will be end of game.
Opening Sequence - Specific Rules
- Consists of successfully completing 6 obstacles in the following order:
Red - Colour - a different Red - Colour - a different Red - Colour
- During the Opening Sequence the Colour after each Red may be the same or a different Colour.
- Attempting an obstacle out of sequence, eg Colour - Colour, Red-Red or not completing all three Reds before proceeding to the Closing Sequence, will be "End of Game".
- Each Red may be taken only once, there are three Reds.
- A Fault on "Red" will not be "End of Game" however the Competitor will not accumulate points for the attempt and must immediately proceed to the next Red (if available) or the Closing Sequence (if applicable).
- A Fault (including error in the Weave Poles and fly-off on the See-Saw) on a Colour in the opening sequence will not be "End of Game" however the Competitor will not accumulate points for the attempt and must immediately proceed to the next Red (if available) or the Closing Sequence (if applicable).
- The dog shall not be faulted for Refusals/Run-outs except where an obstacle has been selected for performance. An obstacle has been selected for performance if the Dog has touched or crossed the obstacle (eg. placing a paw on a Contact Area, crossing through the line of the Weave Poles, placing a nose between the uprights of a hurdle or placing a nose in a Tunnel).
Closing Sequence - Specific Rules
- Must finish the 6 Colour obstacles of #2 to #7 in the prescribed order and direction without Fault or Refusal, otherwise "End of Game".
- After No 7 the clock will not stop until dog has crossed the finish line.
- If dog has entered the last opening in the Weave Poles (obstacle 7 in the finish) before the horn and completes the Poles without faults , the dog will receive the points.
- Refusals/run-pasts, knocked bars, missed contacts and missed poles will be "End of Game".
- If horn sounds to signify end of time, return to finish to stop the timing.
Jumping - Individual & All Around