Posted Date: December 22, 2008
Sponsored by Genuine Dog Gear
Congratulations to Carole Shlaes, who was chosen at random from 10 correct entries in last week's open rule-book contest! Carole and her Gordon Setters will be enjoying one free month's subscription to www.usdaa.com thanks to our generous sponsor, Genuine Dog Gear (www.genuinedoggear.com). For those of you who didn't win, check back because we will do another contest again soon!
Want to check your answers? Here are the contest questions with the correct answers indicated in bold. Thank you for playing!
1. What is the abbreviation for Relay Champion?
D. There is no relay championship.
2. The Master Snooker Class is open to dogs who have achieved at least:
A. An Advanced Snooker title
B. An Advanced Agility Dog title
C. Two qualifying scores in the Advanced Snooker class prior to January 1, 2004
D. All of the above
E. A and B only
3. What is the abbreviation for the Accomplished level Snooker title?
4. If you take a class on Monday and the instructor is judging a trial on Saturday, can you compete under that person on that day?
C. It depends on whether you are related to the judge
D. This is not addressed in the rules
5. How many Agility Top Ten points would you earn if you placed first in Master Standard Agility out of a class of 7 dogs?
6. In electronic timing, the first and last obstacles are always the start and finish lines.
7. In Gamblers, what is the other name for the distance-control closing period more commonly known as the "gamble?"
A. there is no other name
8. How old must a dog be to be registered with USDAA?
A. 6 months
B. 12 months
C. 18 months
D. 24 months
9. The closing date for acceptance of entries into an agility test is no less than ____ days prior to the first day of a test weekend.
10. If the maximum number of agility obstacles are used in a course design, what is the minimum size the course area should be?
A. 10,000 square feet
B. 12,000 square feet
C. 5,000 Square feet
D. 8,000 Square feet
Answers and their locations in the regulations:
1. c List of Award titles and abbreviations
2. D Appendix E
3. A List of Award titles and abbreviations
4. B Chapter 1, section 1.2
5. C Chapter 1, section 1.3(d)
6. B Appendix G
7. D Chapter 6, section 6.1
8. B Appendix D
9. D Chapter 2, section 2.2
10. A Chapter 2, section 2.5