Posted Date: May 8, 2014
Courses from Day 1 Competition
2014 IFCS World Agility Championships Snooker Briefing
Thursday May 8, Judge: Peter Borsje (Netherlands)
All rules in Part 2, Chapter 5 Rules of Agility Competitions apply to the Snooker class. This briefing contains reminders as well as additional information specific to this course.
- All Obstacles may be performed in either direction.
- Refusals are not judged in the opening, but touching a color obstacle makes the choice of which obstacle is to be taken and the direction it must be taken.
- Going under a jump bar or jumping over the wing of a jump of a color obstacle dictates direction for performance.
- Once the dog has entered the weave poles and begun the performance, this obstacle must be completed in that direction.
- If an obstacle attempt is unsuccessful, but completed, the judge will call out zero and no points will be awarded.
- If an attempt at an obstacle is successful, the judge will call out the number of the obstacle.
- Combination obstacle rules
- Combinations (obstacles 3 till 5 and 7) consist of more than one element which may only be performed in sequence or reversed sequence. (example 4 can be performed either 4a-4b-4c or reversed sides from 4c-4b-4a)
- After any other entry of a combination, all other elements must be performed in a free choice of direction. NO points will be awarded for the combination obstacle but the course performance shall continue. Failure to complete the combination shall end the scoring.
- When a second or third element is refused by the dog, this element can be retaken, before the next element or other obstacle, to score the points of that combination.
- When a bar of a colored obstacle is dropped in opening, it becomes a zero point obstacle for remainder of opening. For closing it will be it will be restored.
- All obstacles to be performed as numbered
- Refusal are judged and faulted, resulting in end of scoring.
- Must perform the finish jump to get a course time.
- Maxi & Medium 49 seconds
- Mini 53 seconds
- Toy 55 seconds