Posted Date: December 12, 2014
Provisional entries? Byes? If you have questions on how to fill out your Regional entry forms, we have the answers!
It's hard to believe, but 2015 is just around the corner! The first regional event, the Wild West Regional, runs January 1 through 4 in Tempe, Arizona.
Besides getting your entry in as soon as possible and printing clearly, here are a few tips and reminders to help you fill out your entry form correctly and avoid confusion:
- The 2015 Tournament Season started on September 2, 2014 and ends on September 7, 2015.
o To enter Round 1 of either a Grand Prix/Performance Grand Prix or a Steeplechase/Performance Speed Jumping class at a Regional, you must have at least one qualifying score in a local event between these dates.
- Every Regional offers a local Grand Prix/Performance Grand Prix and a Steeplechase/Performance Speed Jumping event prior to Round 1 of a Regional
o If you qualify at either of these local events (and have not previously qualified), you can run in Round 1 of the Regional, but you need to enter Round 1 provisionally on the entry form, pending the outcome of your qualifying round.
- Provisional entries are used if you have not yet received a qualifying score in either Grand Prix/Performance Grand Prix or Steeplechase/Performance Speed Jumping.
o To enter provisionally, you must enter Round 1 of either (or both) events and then:
1. Check the box on the second page of the entry form for each event you are entering provisionally.
2. Write and send a separate check for each provisional entry.
- If you enter both GP and STP provisionally, you'll need to write and send three separate checks with your entry:
o one for your entry for which you are eligible,
o one for your provisional GP entry,
o and one for your provisional STP entry.
- Checks written as provisional entries will only be cashed if you qualify to run in Round 1 of that specific event.
- Grand Prix/Performance Grand Prix Bye Vouchers
o A Bye voucher allows you to directly enter Round 2 of a Regional Grand Prix or Performance Grand Prix event.
o If you earn a Bye at a local event, you can enter either Round 1 or Round 2, but not both. You only have to pay for one round.
o If you earned a Bye and enter Round 1 at a Regional and NQ, you can still run in Round 2 because your Bye voucher earned you a spot in Round 2.
o Bye vouchers can only be used for the dog and handler team named on the voucher. Your friend, spouse, or family member is not eligible to run the dog in Round 2 based upon the bye voucher. If, however, they ran and qualified the dog in Round 1, they would be eligible to run in Round 2 on that basis.
o If you are unable to attend or compete at a Regional event and pull after the closing date, you forfeit your Bye voucher.