Posted Date: October 22, 2015
If you are not one of the 750 handlers in attendance, there are still many ways to be a part of this exciting experience from your home. - by Kama Reuschenberg
Welcome to the 2015 USDAA Cynosport World Games, one of the largest dog agility events in the United States. Nearly 1,100 dogs are entered in this years competition with a total of 750 different handlers.
Every year, the participants range from first time attendees to professional handlers returning to compete for the Gold! Did you know, the USDAA Cynosport World Games is also an international competition? That's right! Every year, many different countries send teams to participate in the USDAA Cynosport World Games. This year, 9 different countries are represented: Netherlands, China, Japan, Hungary, Mexico, Costa Rica, Canada, and the United States of America, including Puerto Rico.
You won't want to miss this action packed event! So, if you are not one of the 750 handlers in attendance, there are still many ways to be a part of this exciting experience from your home.
Here are 5 ways to participate in the 2015 USDAA Cynosport World Games from home:
1. Cynosport.com - Your hub for all things Cynosport! At cynosport.com you will find each days course maps, results, running orders, and even updates about the event itself. This year, cynosport.com is more interactive than ever before, allowing you to subscribe to updates so you are the first to know when new content has been posted!
2. Cynosport on Facebook - follow along on Facebook! Like the page and add it to your list to see first to get frequent updates on the event.
4. USDAA.com - follow along on the news feed for more event updates, or check out the information on qualification so you can learn how to qualify for the 2016 Cynosport World Games in Scottsdale, Arizona!
5. Realtime Results - you can see the scores as they are input into the computer by visiting this page.
Interested in more ways to interact? Check out 4 more fun and important ways to be a part of Cynosport!
1. Cheer on your favorite competitors on social media! Post it publicly, or send them a private message. Let them know you are supporting and cheering them on every step of the way.
2. Create a discussion. Post the course map and ask others to share ideas on how they would handle the course.
3. Send a message to the judges to let them know you appreciate their hard work. If you can't find the judge you want to thank on social media, post your thoughts on what you liked about their courses anyway. Chances are someone they know will see it, and they will appreciate the shoutout.
4. Check out the Channel 4 local WSMV news story on the 2015 USDAA Cynosport World Games! The broadcast will air between noon and 1pm on Friday, with a weblink posted a few hours later.
Don't forget to add #Cynosport2015 to any social media post for a chance to have your post shared on the Cynosport Facebook page.
One final note, please don't forget to support Cynosport (this year and future years) by visiting the sponsors. Without these wonderful sponsors, this incredible event would not have achieved the magnitude that it is today. This year's sponsors are Max200, Zukes, and GlycoFlex.