Posted Date: April 6, 2016
Team USA Selection Rules for the 2017 IFCS World Agility Championships in Spain have been published.
The 2017 IFCS World Agility Championships (WAC) will be held in Spain at a locality to be announced following this year's IFCS event.
As in prior years, a national team delegation may consist of no more than 20 competitors, 16 of which must be selected through a process established by each IFCS affiliated organization, and 4 of which may be selected from among past IFCS world and continental championship medalists.
The 2017 Team USA selection rules generally provide:
- A competitor must file an Intent to Compete Form in order to be eligible.
- The competitor must compete in the selection trial height class matching IFCS height class requirements
- A competitor selected to be on the team may only compete with one dog in a given height class
- Competitors will be awarded Team Selection Points (TSPs) as set forth in the rules based upon their performance in six classes of competition at one of two Team Selection Events listed below:
- Four (4) team members (one each in 12", 16", 22", & 26" height classes) to be selected from USDAA® Title Mania® event in Geneva, Ohio, June 16-19, 2016, in the following classes:
- Rounds 2 & 3 of Masters Challenge Standard Agility
- Rounds 2 & 3 of Masters Challenge Jumpers
- Round 3 of Masters Gamblers
- Round 3 of Masters Snooker
- Twelve (12) Team Members to be selected from a World Team Selection Event held in connection with the Keystone Agility Club trial in Barto, Pennsylvania, October 7-9, 2016, in the following classes:
- IFCS Biathlon
- Standard Agility
- Biathlon Jumpers
- IFCS Individual All Around
- Standard Agility
It is important to note that Intent to Compete Forms must be filed with the Team Coach Rachel Sanders no later than June 1, for the Ohio event and September 15, for the Pennsylvania event. Also, pre-qualification criteria published in the rules apply only to the Pennsylvania event.
Please see the complete Team USA Selection Rules for the 2017 IFCS World Agility Championship in Spain published at donate2dogsports.org/events
. A copy has also been posted on the USDAA web site in the Forms & Documents Library under "IFCS Team Documents".
Questions regarding the process can be directed to Team Coach, Rachel Sanders at email@example.com.