Posted Date: September 20, 2016
Coming to Cynosport this year? Here's some helpful information to get yourself prepared!
USDAA strives to make the Cynosport® World Games the best experience for you and your dog every year. We know for many of, youre using valuable vacation time away from work and family and traveling long distances. We appreciate your dedication to USDAA and hope this year is the best Cynosport® event yet!
Whether this years event in Scottsdale is your first Cynosport experience or youre a Cynosport seasoned veteran, here are a few things to help you prepare for this years event.
- Remember to carefully check your initial and final confirmations to ensure all information is correct. If you have any questions, please email Helen at email@example.com
- Helen has a website that tracks entries shes received and processed to date, http://www.dognutmom.com/, so if youre on the processed list and have not gotten a confirmation yet, remember to add firstname.lastname@example.org to your approved email addresses and check your spam folders too!
- Please be patient when contacting Helen with any questions. She will try to respond promptly. She does works full-time, has a family, provides secretarial services for other groups and also competes.
- All the event information provided by USDAA about this years Cynosport event is just as important as the course maps themselves. Please review all the details we provide you in your confirmation and on Cynosport.com to minimize confusion once the event starts.
- You can get up to the minute event news and updates by signing up for Event Alerts on Cynosport.com. The Event Alerts will get you the latest information straight to your phone or tablet.
- If you signed up for Event Alerts for last years event, youre good to go for this year.
- As a reminder, Event Alerts are only available via email.
- Course maps for each day will be available at a designated area each morning. We will announce where the course maps will be available once we determine the best, central location for competitors. Theres no need to go to each ring for the maps.
- WestWorld of Scottsdale has strict policies prohibiting smoking and the presence of outside alcohol on the grounds. Thank you in advance for your cooperation in abiding by these No Smoking and No Outside Alcohol policies.
- WestWorld requires that all dogs must be ON LEASH unless inside the fenced, reserved kenneling area, at the warm-up jump or in a performance ring. All exercising other than for pottying purposes must be in an enclosed area.
- The 2016 Cynosport® World Games will take place outdoors, on grass. There will be six rings of competition.
- Reserved crating will be outdoors in 10 x 100 tents with three sides to block the sun. Tents will open to the north. Crating reservations can be made until Sept. 30th.
- Crating spaces are 5' wide by 10' deep and can easily accommodate a chair and two medium-sized crates side by side.
- Please bring your dollies to haul your crates and chairs!
- We encourage you to bring a shade cloth in case the sun peeks into your space.
- Personal 10 x 10 canopies will be allowed, in designated areas only, on a first come, first serve basis.
- There is limited space on the grass for personal canopies.
- Once the grass area is full, the remaining personal canopies will set up on asphalt. Please bring buckets and/or bags for sand to secure your canopies on asphalt since staking is not permitted. Sand will be provided at no charge to use.
- Competitors entered in the Junior Handler All-Around may set up personal shade canopies on Saturday only inside the fenced, reserved kennel area as designated, at no charge.